Welcome to the Coalition!
Common Pathways subscribes to the following Healthy Communities Principles:
- A broad definition of "health"
- A broad definition of "community"
- Shared vision from community values
- Address quality of life for everyone
- Diverse citizen participation and widespread community ownership
- Focus on "systems change"
- Build capacity using local assets and resources
- Benchmark and measure progress and outcomes
- Invest in youth leadership and development
We follow our vision, mission, and principles in our day to day experiences together. We take what we've heard from you, the community, at open forums held in November of 2005, April of 2006, and March 2008, Neighborhood Conversations conducted in 2009 and 2010, and wokshops hosted in 2011 and 2012, and turn them into foreseeable goals to accomplish for our greater good. These goals are carried out by a number of growing and developing work groups made up of members of the community and providers for the community who have become partners of Common Pathways.
We invite you to explore our website. Here, you will find more information on our history, specifics about programs and events, descriptions of our work groups and how to become involved in them, and much much more.
Thank you, and we hope to hear from you soon!
~The Common Pathways Coalition