Work Groups: Get Involved!
A Letter of Invitation from the Common Pathways Chairman
Open invitation to residents, organizations, community leaders, and community members of Auburn, Boylston, Grafton, Holden, Leicester, Millbury, Paxton, Shrewsbury, West Boylston, and Worcester that belong to CHNA 8, which is the Community Health Network Area of Central Massachusetts.
On behalf of the Common Pathways’ Leadership Council and the entire community coalition, I want to extend a warm invitation to join us as a partner in any capacity that you choose. Our aim is to contribute to improving the quality of life for all in Worcester, and the surrounding CHNA 8 towns.
For the last four years, Common Pathways has undertaken a Healthy Communities process in Worcester, seeking to broadly engage those who live or work in the area to address community identified concerns and areas of need.
Common Pathways recently issued the "Worcester Community Indicators Report", available on our web site, and we are now ready to focus on “actions” that can improve the status of the identified indicators. Please review the following list of work groups and other opportunities and let us know where and how you may want to participate.
- Become a regular member of a work group, including Public Health and Medical Services, Transportation, Education, Mental Health and Social Services, Housing, Economic Development, and MassCONECT.
- Serve as a member of the governance groups: Executive Committee, Leadership Council, and General Membership
- Provide connection to people or organizations
- Collaborate to complete a task in a work group
- Assist in gathering information
- Help facilitate connection to the media
- Assist in providing connection to technology
- Set up meetings in your neighborhood
Especially in these times of difficult economic conditions, it is important that we work together, innovate, and maximize our capacity to improve the quality of our community life. We all have a voice and valuable skills to share as we work together, and we encourage everyone to become involved in making our communities healthier. Please send an e-mail to CommonPathwaysOnline [at] gmail [dot] com or call us at 508.459.9664.
Looking forward to hear from you,
Chairperson, Common Pathways
Co-Chair, Common Pathways